Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I Declare Tomorrow "Doll Play Day"!

(I thought this was fitting, with the quote and the fact this was my very first blog button)
Hey everyone! 
So, I've had this idea I've been wanting to make for a while, and I am now just finally getting around to actually doing it :P 
Anyway, I was thinking back to when I first started my blog, way back in Spring 2014, and I was remembering how fun it was back in those days when I first discovered doll blogs/AGTube, when I would just sit and do my doll's hair and dress them, and not even think if it looked "professional" enough to post or make a video with--it was just for fun, because I just simply loved dolls. (And still do.) 
Now, with a nicer camera, more dolls, and all sorts of special modern Etsy outfits, and a lot more pageviews/readers (and a few rude comments) to worry about, I realized how much harder it is to just have some good old-fashioned fun with just my dolls and I. 
I've also noticed, as more and more AG bloggers and AGTubers (and also some other doll social medias) are leaving because they don't have that same special love for their dolls anymore, I got to wondering if there was a connection with that and the other things I mentioned above. 
So I was thinking, what if we could all just have one day to get back to "playing" with our dolls? I'm sure most of us know that over half of our collection is in a bit of disarray (windblown hair, a few scuffs on their arms or legs, and sometimes laying around in their underwear ;)  ), so, why not just take a bit of time out of our schedules since it's summer, and give our dolls a good old-fashioned day of "doll play" and give them the TLC our special dollies deserve? 
So, I declare tomorrow, July 8, 2015, Doll "Play" Day!

Yay for the fact this doesn't fit into the blogger draft properly :P ) 
Who is invited to join: You! And anyone else you know that also likes dolls. (My grandma, and mom will be joining me ;)  )
When?: Tomorrow! (July 8, 2015)
Where?: Wherever you live!
Why?: Just to have a fun day enjoying our dolls! :D 
How?: If you'd like to share this button on your blog, feel free to do so! (You don't have to, though :)  ) And if you'd like to re-post the button onto your blog or any other doll social media, I would really appreciate that! Also feel free to post photos of what you and  your dolls are up to tomorrow and let me know that you posted it! (I'd love to see what your dollies are doing) :) 

I think that's it for information about this! I'd love it if you would participate in this :) Also be on the lookout for a ton of "Doll Play Day" related posts coming your way tomorrow! 

Will you be celebrating with the Oh My Dollies Blog tomorrow? 

 

29 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I often feel just plain silly-most girls in the doll community just use them for photography and clothes modeling but I still, though I am 13, play with my dolls. *sheepish laugh*
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn! :D Don't worry--I'm just a teensy bit younger than you and I *still* love to play with my dolls! :) (Even my grandma, who is 70 years old, still loves to "play" with dolls with me! :) )

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  2. I will do this! Such a great idea!
    <3Bella
    (I will not be taking any pictures because I only want to play! :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you will be doing this! :D Thank you! :)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  3. This is such a great idea Shelby-Grace! Will definitely do this. ^_^
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leah! :D I'm so glad you'll be participating! ^_^

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  4. aw, this is such a wonderful idea, shelby! i will for sure be participating, i know there are some of my girls that definitely need some loving. ;)

    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maddie! ^_^ Yay! I'm so glad you are going to be particiapating! :D

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  5. This is such an amazing idea! Right now my dolls are packed away, because I kind of 'grew out' of them, I guess you could say, but I promise you that tomorrow I'm going to unpack them, and just play with them. Even if it's just for a little bit. I have to be honest, I do kind of miss playing with them/photographing them.

    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abigail! :) I'm so glad to hear that you will be participating and your dollies will be getting some attention ;)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  6. I think I will be playing too.
    I haven't done that in a while...
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad that you may be participating! :)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  7. Shelby-Grace, this is such a great idea!! :D I love it and will definitely have to do this tomorrow!
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunny! :) I'm very glad that you'll be participating! :D

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  8. I will definitely participate! Most of my dolls need a new change of clothes, a few new outfits and straightening up my doll space so I will take this as an Official Holiday. Which might mean not a lot to post for tomorrow on Seven Bloggers and Their Dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad that you are going to participate! ^_^ That's totally fine--I understand :)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  9. I'm doin' it! (I'm just too lazy to post that I'm doing it.) Also, I'll do what Kim is doing tomorrow 'cause my other dolls are in a box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad that you and your dolls will be celebrating! ;)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  10. That's a wonderful idea! I'm totally participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you'll be participating! :D

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  11. This is such a fabulous idea! Yeah I sometimes feel that my dolls need a bit of TLC with me not worrying about them looking super perfect! I'll totally be participating :-)
    -Lydia
    http://dollyfernfriends.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm very glad to hear that you'll be participating :)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  12. I will definitely be celebrating! I'll put the button up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the button! I'm so glad that you'll be participating!

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  13. Awesome idea ! I will participating:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad that you'll be participating! :D

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  14. this is an amazing idea! if only i hadn't been sick i would've done this, hands down :) Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.