Friday, June 19, 2015

My Opinion On The Sneak Peaks Of The Upcoming Release

Hey everyone! I'm sure you've all heard about/seen the items included in the new American Girl summer release, but for those who haven't, I thought I would share them with you today along with my opinion on them :) Here is the link to where I found these images: * C L I C K    H E R E *


I think Julie's new pajamas are pretty cute, but they seem a bit cheap-looking to me :/


OH MY GOODNESS, KIT'S NEW BED IS AMAZING!! :D 
I think it's an adorable bed, and I am obsessed with the quilt :D (Can you tell I come from a family of crafters/quilters? ;)  )



Josefina's nightgown is adorable! I love the new color of the thread :) I really wish it had included the embroidery featured on the girl-sized one, though ;)



Addy's new nightgown is so cute! I really love the colors on her :D



Hmm, Kit's new pajamas are really cute, and I love the little doggy print, but I'm not I huge fan of the "onesie" reminiscent style ;)


I really like the new colors for Addy's quilt, and I'm glad they didn't change too much about this set ;)


I love Josefina's new bed, too! :) I really like the simplistic style :)



I actually was not a huge fan of Rebecca's new pajamas at first, but they have grown on me a bit now, and I quite like them :)


Josefina's doll, Nina, is too cute! :D I am so tempted by this set--I actually really like it!



I am completely in love this this set! It's too cute ^_^

I really like how Rebecca's new accessories are quite book accurate, and I love all the tiny details included on the Russian nesting dolls ^_^



I think this new accessory for Julie is really cute, but it seems a little unnecessary, especially since Julie already has one big-ticket item, that being her egg chair.


Kayla's dress is cute, but it does not seem very historically accurate to me (I am not expert, though, of course! :) ) I'm not a huge fan of the girls (assumedly) pajamas either ;)


Julie's new bed is really cute! :) I'm not sure I'll be purchasing it anytime soon, though ;)

Now, onto Truly Me and Bitty Baby/Twin:


I am honestly not a fan of the "Recess Ready Outfit". It seems really "little kid-ish" for AG's target range, and it doesn't seem to have a lot of mix-and-match potential. 





The "Hot Lunch Set" is nice, but the food does not appear to be very realistic and I'm sure it will be very overpriced ;) 



I'm not a huge fan of the "Sports Storage Set"--the scale seems a bit off, and I just wish AG would do something a bit different in terms of accessories/sets, since they always seem to be sports-realated.



*sigh* This is yet again another sports-related set. I do enjoy sports, but I think it'd be great if AG would include some other hobbies, too. This basketball outfit is really cute, though :)


This is actually really cute and realistic! I quite like it :) (and it's very timely because my mom just finished putting the chicken in our human-sized crockpot ;) )



I really love the sweater included in this set! :D I'm not too into the skirt and boots, though ;) 



I don't really like the "Shearling Boots", though--I'm not really into the whole "Ugg" boots trend ;)


YAY! FINALLY NOT A SPORTS-RELATED SET FROM AG!! ;D 
I am super excited that AG has finally done something different! The set does have a bit of a "plastic-y" look it it, but overall I really like this set :D


I think this costume is really fun and different! :D I really like it :)


This Yorkie puppy is really cute and reminds me a bit of my own dog, Oreo :) I do prefer the previous Yorkie, Sugar, though ;) 

That's it so far for Truly Me! Here are the Bitty Baby/Twin items (I will not be doing opinions on these since I don't collect this line so I don't know a lot about it ;)   )







Thank you for reading and have a great day! :) 

What do you think of this release? I'd love to hear your opinions in the comments! :)

 

18 comments:

  1. AHHHH EVERYTHING IS SO CUTE. xD I can't wait till it all comes out! ^_^
    ~Leah <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the new items are really cute :D I am so excited for this new release, too! ;)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  2. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! :) My newest doll, Emma Jane, would love the sports storage set, and I love the crock pot and accessories!!! :)
    ~Marissa
    P.S. Love the new blog design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, the new items are very cute :D
      I'm so glad you like the new design! :D

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  3. I love how AG is making the Beforever pjs! I really like Rebecca's pjs and Kit's pjs. I can't wait for everything to come out!

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the new BeForever PJs, too ^_^ I can't wait either! :D

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your opinions! I don't care for much of it at the moment, but maybe I'll like it more when it comes out. :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very glad you enjoyed :)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  5. I'm very excited for this next release!
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Josie's , Addy's , and Kaya's sets . Even though Kaya's outfit doesn't seem historically accurate , It is very tempting .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love those girls' sets, too! :) Kaya's dress is very cute ;)

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  7. I also like the astronomy set , I'm a science girl at heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I agree, that set is so adorable and unique! :D

      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  8. I completely agree with you Shelby-Grace. I'm in love with the sweater from that outfit, but I think that the colors of the skirt and the boots are kind of odd. Maybe brown boots would have been better...? Hmm, I don't know. :)
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginny! :) It's so nice to hear from you again! I agree--brown boots would look a lot better with that adorable sweater ;) I was thinking if maybe AG had gone with a grey skater/circle skirt (so the skirt isn't as "clingy" to the doll), and brown boots, the outfit would have been perfect ;) But I am so tempted just to buy the outfit for that perfect sweater--it could be used in so many different ways for mix-and-match and it's too adorable...but, must...resist...temptation...to buy...more doll stuff...AHHHH!! XD

      (Wow, this comment is super long and rambling on and on about nonsense--maybe I should go to bed XD )
      ♥ Shelby

      Delete
  9. Man AG is released heaps of new items at the moment! I really love Josefina's new nightgown and some of the Truely Me outfits. And you're right, I want more things that aren't sports related.. LIKE THE ASTRONOMY SET!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOLLY GOSH I'M IN LOVE WITH IT!!! I really like Astronomy and I'm definitely getting this set!!! Ahh it's so amazing!!!
    -Lydia
    http://dollyfernfriends.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelby Grace, you are the first person I have seen who likes the mod monster outfit. That's great! I'm a bit iffy on the dress, but overall like that it is not yet another witch costume.

    Kaya's new dress is a modern one, not historical. The new regalia is pretty accurate. If you get a chance check out photos on powwows.com to compare.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.