Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The "You're A Great Photographer!" Award!


Hi everyone! I have been recently nominated for the "You're A Great Photographer!" Award by Mama Hen, Polka Dot Bee, and Ellie! Thank you so much, Mama Hen, Polka Dot Bee, and Ellie! 

Here are the rules:

1. Nominate 3-7 blogs for this award and make a link to the blog.
2. If you are nominated, give 1 of your photography tips and answer the questions given.
3. Go comment on a post of the person you nominated letting them know they were nominated.
4. Copy the picture above on your post.
5. Link your post back to the original post.
6. Add the picture to your tool bar or page.
7. Copy these rules onto your post.
8. Have fun!


Here is my photography tip:

Make sure your background is nice! I think a having a good background makes for more interesting pictures :) 

Here are Mama Hen's questions:



 Which do you like better, taking pictures indoors or outdoors?

I really like taking pictures outside because of the more natural light :)


2. What is your favourite outfit (and doll) to take pictures of?


I love taking pictures of any historical outfit--it adds a really neat element to pictures :) I think my favorite doll to take pictures of has to be Bella or Cora ;)


3. What camera do you use?


I use the Nikon Coolpix L830 :) It's a really great camera for beginners, and it takes really good videos! Here's a picture of it from Google Images:




4. Is there a (doll or human) photographer who inspires you?


You (Mama Hen) were actually one of the first doll photography blogs I had found! I was (and still am!) so captivated by your lovely photos and your life-like poses of your dolls! You are a huge inspiration to me :) 

Thank you again, Mama Hen!

Here are Ellie's questions:

1. What camera do you use?

I use the Nikon Coolpix L830 :)

2. Do you usually edit your pictures or post them straight out of camera?

I usually post SOOC :)

3. What's your favorite part about taking pictures? 

I love how taking photos can capture the moment and help me share my love of dolls :)

4. When did you start taking pictures?

I started taking pictures probably about four years ago, but I started taking doll pictures in October 2013 :)

5. Which of your dolls is your favorite to take pictures of?

Probably Cora or Bella :) 

Thank you again, Ellie!

Here are Polka Dot Bee's questions:

1.) What camera do you use? 

I use the Nikon Coolpix L830 :) 

2.) Which one of your dolls is the most photogenic? 

Either Bella or Cora :)

3.) Do you like indoor photography better, or outdoor? 

I prefer outdoor :)

 4.) Which season is your favorite to take photos of your dolls? 

I think winter or spring is my favorite :) 

Thank you, Polka Dot Bee!



I nominate:





Here are my questions for the nominees:

1.) Which doll is next on your wishlist?

2.) What camera do you use?

3.) If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

4.) When did you start taking doll pictures?

5.) Who was your first doll?



Thank you for reading! If you nominated me for an award and I didn't answer your questions yet, feel free to let me know in the comments below and I will make another post including your award!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Shelby-Grace! You *are* an amazing photographer, you definitely deserved all the nominations ;) thanks so much for nominating me! I'll answer the questions in the same post as the photo shoot I'm posting tomorrow. :)

    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answers were super fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you! :} You made my day!

    I really enjoyed reading your answers. :)

    ~Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! I liked reading your answers! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.