Thursday, January 1, 2015

How I Got Into Blogging

I scheduled this post to go up exactly at 11:59 P.M., the very last minute of this year.
This is the end of 2014. Another year gone. 
This felt like the right time to share the story about how I got into doll blogging and photography. So buckle up, this is going to be a long ride. xD

It seems like it was just yesterday that I discovered doll blogs. I discovered the world of doll photography and blogs last year at this time. 
I still liked my dolls, but they weren't a big part of my life anymore. They just sat in my room, waiting for me to come back to them. 
That's the thing about dolls--they never judge you, they are always there for you. But most girls my age don't care about their dolls anymore--They just aren't "cool" enough for them.
But I have never liked to blend in. Photography has always fascinated me. The way pictures capture the moment and say things words can't express. 
One day I stumbled upon "The Spicys". They don't blog anymore, but the way they took pictures grabbed my attention. The way they posed their dolls made madee dolls come alive. Their dolls took on their own personalities and styles, and showed me it's okay to still love dolls even when most other girls don't anymore. I began to take pictures of my dolls. They were not very good, but I kept at it, and slowly improved.Then one day I decided to start a blog of my own.
Dolls are now such a huge part of my life. I can't imagine not always having my dolls around, to hold, to love, and to photograph. It used to bother me when people stared while I posed my dolls in public, but I've learned that it isn't important what others think about my interests--dolls make me happy, and that's what counts. They are part of what makes me unique.
Back to how I got into blogging.
 Somehow I came up with the name "Oh My Dollies"--A play on the phrase "Oh my golly" ;) I didn't get a lot of views at first, but one day someone noticed my blog--Meghan from Girly Doll Type. I was overjoyed. Someone had read my blog! Then Amanda E. commented on one of my posts. Soon a had a few more comments and followers. I was over the moon. People had read my blog and liked it enough to follow and comment!! 
Then one day Liz from American Girl Fan commented on one of my posts. I was shocked. Liz is one of my biggest inspirations, and she had. READ. MY. BLOG. I nearly started to cry. That is still one of my happiest blogging memories to this day :) I could ramble on about all the posts I've written and things I've accomplished, but that's not what is so special to me about blogging. It's all my amazing blogger friends. The people who are always so kind and friendly and forgiving and supportive even when I just sit here and ramble on and on, writing the most boring posts possible. You are all the best blogging friends I could ask for. Thank you all so much, you all mean so much to me. I hope your New Year is the happiest year yet for you and your dolls. Happy 2015. 


12 comments:

  1. Happy new year!!!! I loved reading your blogging story and it was so inspirational and well written! I hope you have a great 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, American Girl Place! I'm so happy you liked reading it :) Happy (belated) New Year! :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  2. Happy new year, Shelby-Grace! What a wonderful story, I read it all ;) here's to a great year =)

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy (late) New Year, Maddie! That means a lot that you read it all--I just realized how long it was ;) Have a great New Year, Maddie! :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  3. Happy new year! I loved your blog story!
    ~Emily~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy (belated) New Year, Emily! Thank you--I'm so glad you found it interesting! :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Blogging & photography have made your creative side shine. Keep blogging! I'm just a little biased :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grandma J! :)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  5. Happy new year! Your story is so cool.
    I had a dream last night where we lived next door to each other and you borrowed one of my dolls and did a surprise post with her on your blog and it was all very exciting. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy (belated) New Year, Leah! Thank you--I'm so glad you liked it! :D Haha, that's so neat that you had a dreamed Iived next door and posted about your doll! If I actually lived next door I totally would want to do that. XD Just curious--What did I look Iike in your dream? That's a really weird question, I know, but since you've never really seen me I was wondering XD

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  6. WOW! You're story is so inspiring! :) You were the first person to find my blog. Keep being awesome, Shelby Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dollypics547! That means a ton to me. :)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.