Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Celebrating The New Year With Nora


Hi everyone! Happy New Year! Today I have a short photostory to share with you :) This photostory was inspired by the incredible Adi's photostory, "Bringing Charlie And MK Some Christmas Cheer" :)


***


"Have you seen Nora today?" I asked Cecelia. "No, I haven't," said Cecelia. "Do you think something might be wrong with her, Kirsten?"

"I'm not sure. Do you want to come with me to check on her?"
"Sure!" said Cecelia. We both walked down the hall to Nora's 

No one in the family had seen Nora all day--she hadn't even come downstairs for breakfast. Nora always  wakes up earlier than anyone else in the family, so this was unusual. When we reached the door to Nora's room, I lightly knocked on the door, but no one answered,  so I opened the door just enough so Cecelia and I could fit inside, and called, "Hello?" 


"Come in," a voice mumbled from underneath the covers of Nora's bed. "Nora!" I shouted. I ran over and pulled the covers off Nora's head. "What on earth are you still doing in bed?"

"It's the last day of 2014," said Nora grumpily. 

"And what does that have to do with anything?" I asked.

"I'm the Girl of the Year for 2014; this the last day I'll ever be the Girl of the Year." 

"Oh, I see," I said. I wondered how I could have forgotten that. 


"And I just saw those leaked pictures of Grace Thomas. She's so beautiful and she gets to go to Paris and she's so special--once everyone sees her, they'll all forget about me."

"How could anyone forget you?" I asked. "You're just as special and pretty as Grace! I'm sure no one will forget you."


"I have an idea," said Cecelia suddenly.


Nora sat up and started to look interested. "What is it?"

"You'll see in a moment," said Cecelia. She ran out of Nora's room and reappeared in Nora's room after a few moments. 


Cecelia dumped a pile of clothing onto Nora's bed. "It's a New Year celebration outfit!" Cecelia shouted. "Why don't you try it on?" 


Nora looked excited about this idea idea and leaped out of bed to put the outfit on.


"Ta-da!" shouted Nora after putting the outfit on. "Do you like it?" **Note from Shelby-Grace: I'm sorry this picture came in sideways :( ** "I love it!" said Cecelia. "So do I," I said. 


"Sit down on the bed and I'll put your pink highlights in and style your hair," I said. Nora sat down and I began smoothing out Nora's hair and slipping her pink highlights into their special loops and styling her hair. 


"I saw a video on AGRandomness's AGTube channel that showed how to do this style with your pink highlights, and I thought it would be perfect to try on you for New Year's," I said. 



"I love it!" said Nora. "It really shows off my highlights. Thank you, Kirsten and Cecelia for helping me today. Maybe 2015 won't be so bad after all."

Are you excited for Grace Thomas? Will you be going an AGP for her debut tomorrow?

Happy New Year! I hope you all have a truly great year :) 


24 comments:

  1. Aww, such a cute photostory! My Izzy feels the same way :). Happy New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jana! I hope your Izzy is feeling better now :) Happy late New Year's Eve! :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  2. This is such an adorable photostory! I loved reading it! Happy New Year's Eve!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, American Girl Place! I'm so happy you liked it :) Happy belated New Year's Eve!! :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  3. So cute Shelby!!
    I hope you have a wonderful 2015! Thanks so much for being so sweet and encouraging whenever you comment on my posts!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!XD
    ~Rylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rylee! That means a lot to me. Thank *you* for your wonderful and kind when you comment on my blog :) Oh, by the way, I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog in a while! I love your blog, but after I read your posts, I sometimes forget to comment :(

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  4. AWW, this photostory is so cute. you really did a good job :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Autumn Raelin! I really appreciate it :D Happy (late) New Year!! :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  5. ...
    You were inspired by me?!
    AWWW SHELBY-GRACE YOU JUST MADE MY DAY. <3
    This is such a cute photo-story and Nora looks gorgeous.
    Happy New Year, dear.
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Adi! When I saw your Charlie and MK post, I got the idea to use a similar concept but with Nora ;) I'm so happy you like my photostory! Nora says thank you, too ;) Thank you for always being so sweet when you comment! It means a lot to me :) Happy belated New Year, Adi.

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  6. I love the photo story!
    I REALLY want Grace! She is so pretty!
    I wish I could go to a debut, but I don't live close enough.
    Happy new year!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! I'm so glad you liked it :D I'm sorry you're not near enough to an AGP to go :( I'm not close enough to go to one, either :( Happy late New Year!

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  7. That is so COOL!!!. :) Isabelle has been the same way, just staying in her bedroom and grieving. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marissa! I'm so happy you liked it :D I hope your Isabelle is feeling better now ;) Happy belated new year!

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  8. This is the cutest photo story ever! I love it! :)

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mint! It means a lot to me that you like it! :)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  9. Great photo story! Thanks for making Nora feel special this year too. Yes, I looked at Grace. I love her pink beret. Didn't like her bangs at first but now I do. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grandma J :) I'm glad you like Grace now! ;)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  10. Could we swap buttons? :)
    Ella xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Ella! I just added in your button :)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  11. Cute photostory! Nora looks adorable!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emma! Nora says thank you, too ;)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  12. Aww how sweet! Kirsten and Sam are lovely sisters to Nora. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dollympics547! Nora agrees that they are amazing sisters to her ;)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.