Thursday, November 20, 2014

7 Days Of Dolliday Crafts: Day One


Hi everyone! For the first Seven Days Of Dolliday Crafts, I'm going to be showing you how to make Doll-Sized Turkey decorations for your dolls' Thanksgiving table! Also, please forgive the horrible quality of my pictures, I had to use my old Nikon Coolpix camera to take these pictures because my mom needed to use her camera and that was the only camera left ;) Here's the supplies you'll need:


*Scissors 
*Wooden beads
*Markers
*Pencil
*Construction paper
*Glue (not pictured)

I will be using hot glue because my mom was using before me and it was already warmed up so I decided to use it ;) If you decide to use hot glue, please be careful and ask an adult to help you!


Step One: Choose a piece of construction paper and draw a small teardrop-shape on your paper with your pencil. This will be the turkey's feather. (Please ignore the weird scratch on my hand, I accidentally hurt it this morning ;P )


Cut out the feather.


Once you have as many feathers as you want, set them aside, out of the way of the markers and glue ;) 



Take one of your wooden beads


And using your marker, draw on the turkey's face!


Take another bead


And put the glue of your choice on the top of the bead, where the hole is.


Take the turkey's head and carefully press it on to the glue on the top of the other bead.


Since the beads are round, they can't sit well on their own, so what I did was cut a small square of construction paper and glue my beads onto it to help keep the turkey upright ;)


Here is the turkey so far!


Take one of the feathers


And dab some glue on the back of the feather and press the feather onto the back of the turkey. Continue adding as many feathers as you want. 


And you're done! This will be the perfect decoration for your dolls' Thanksgiving table ;)

Let me know if you decide to try this! :) 


18 comments:

  1. That is so cute! He has such a sweet little face. : )
    ~Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathryn! I'm so glad you like him ;)

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Doll Daydreams! I'm so happy you liked it :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Polka Dot Bee! I'm so glad you liked it!

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hope! I'm so happy you liked it :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! I'm so happy you like it :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  6. Aww Shelby-Grace, this is so cute! I love it!!! ^-^
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Adi! I'm so glad you like it! :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  7. Cute! Also I have nominated you for 2 awards!
    Ella xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ella! And thank you so much for the nominations! I'll answer the questions soon :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, AGDTIME! I'm so happy you like it :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete
  9. Awwww! That is really cute! I love it!
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kaitlyn! I'm so happy you like it :D

      ★ Shelby-Grace ★

      Delete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.