Monday, September 22, 2014

Awards

If you've nominated me for an award over the past month, you may be wondering I never answered your questions ;) That is because I've been working on a large post for all the awards I was nominated for recently, and I just finished answering all the questions and choosing people to nominate, and I was planning on posting it today. I searched through my draft posts, but I can't seem to find it! I'm not all that good with technology, so it's very likely I just accidentally deleted it...I'm sorry to everyone who nominated me for an award, please don't think I didn't appreciate you nominating me ;( If you nominated me for an award and I haven't answered your questions, please drop me a comment below and I will answer your questions as soon as possible!! Also, I was recently nominated for an award, and luckily I hadn't added that award in to my now-lost post, so I will do my post for it below :) 

***


I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Micaela from It's Just Me, Micaela! Thank you so much, Micaela! 


Rules:

1. State five facts about yourself.
2. Answer the five questions.
3. Create five new questions and nominate more bloggers for the award.

Here's my five facts about me: 

1. I'm a Christian!

2. I love all things old-fashioned and vintage :)

3. I am terrified of bugs ;)

4. I love the original Nancy Drew series :)

5. I have a cat named Sapphire and a dog named Oreo, both named for their colors (Sapphire has blue eyes, Oreo is black and white)

Here's Micaela's questions: 




1. Why does "caregiver" and "caretaker" mean the same thing?

I think the "giver" in caregiver means giving care, and the "taker" in caretaker means taking care of ;) 

2. What happens when you get "scared half to death" twice?

You die! ;)

3. Why did Yankee Doodle name the feather in his hat macaroni?

Maybe he was really hungry that day?

4. If a product says "Do not use if seal is broken" how are you supposed to open the thing and use it?

I have no idea XD

5. Why is it that when things get wet they get darker, even though water is clear?

I think it has to do with the way the light reflects...

Thanks again, Micaela! Your questions were really fun to answer :D 

I nominate: 

AGDTime

American Girl Dolls And Me

The Abbott Doll Family

Dolls On My Mind

American Girl Place

My question for the nominees are:

1. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their name?

2. Who is your favorite AGTuber?

3. If you could un-retire any doll, which one would you choose? (It can be a GOTYMyAG, or Historical)

4. What inspired you to start a doll blog?

5. How many dolls do you have?



P.S.--Unfortunately there will be no OOTW this week, I didn't have time to post it this week ;( 

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the awards! That's too bad that you can't find them, but I know the feeling; I started writing the first AGPC challenge a few days beforehand and the morning I had to post it I couldn't find it ;P thank you so much for the nomination, I'll be sure to answer your questions ASAP =)

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards! I really appreciate the nomination. :) I'll have to answer the questions in an upcoming post.

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Maddie! I hope I'll be able to find that post sometime... ;) I'm sorry you had the same issue, too, it's so frustrating to work hard on a post and have it just disappear ;P You're welcome, your blog is amazing!! I can't wait to see your answers!

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Emily! your blog is amazing, too!! :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Mint! You're welcome, your blog is amazing, too!! I can't wait to see your answers :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, AGDTIME :D Your blog is amazing, too!!

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Also, I have a question. Can a blog be nominated for the same award twice? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the awards! I enjoyed reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Doll Daydreams! Hmm, lots have blogs have been nominated more than once, and I think unless the particular award's rules state that you can't be awarded more than once, it'd be fine if you're nominated twice :)

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, American Girl Place! I'm so glad you liked reading my answers! :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.