Sunday, August 24, 2014

Historical Book Re-Creation Series: Part One

Here is the first part of my Historical Book Re-Creation Series, but it will be a little different from how I originally planned. I was asked to also do a Re-Creation with the Samantha series, so I decided I would do both Caroline and Samantha! Here's how it will work: 

Meet Samantha 

Caroline's Secret Message 

Samantha's Surprise 

Caroline Takes A Chance 

Samantha Saves The Day

Changes For Caroline 


Now, here is my first re-creation today, from Page 50 from Meet Samantha: 



This illustration is from an original Pleasant Company Meet Samantha I bought at a garage sale, I'm not sure if the illustrations differ too much in the Mattel books ;) The reason I chose this particular scene is because it shows the friendship and bond between a girl and her doll :) Below the illustration, an excerpt from the following page is beneath: "'Here, Nellie. You take Lydia,' Samantha said. "She'll be your friend." 



Here is my re-creation of the scene! It's not an amazing re-creation by any means, but I don't think it's too bad for my first try at re-creating the scene ;) Also, since I don't own Nellie, Kit volunteered to dress up as her ;) 



Here's a comparison between the illustration and my re-creation!


Here's a little more about the items I used in this re-creation:

Table and chair ~ handmade by a vendor at our local farmer's market

Nellie ~ played by my Historical American Girl Doll, Kit

Samantha ~ played by my renamed Samantha Historical American Girl Doll, Cecelia

Tablecloth ~ a piece of white fabric

Nellie/Kit's Dress ~ handmade by my grandma

Samantha/Cecelia's Dress ~ Historical American Girl Character Caroline's Skating Coat




11 comments:

  1. You did a great job recreating the scene!!! =D

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute recreation-I like the idea of recreating the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Maddie!! I'm so happy you liked my re-creation :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Andrea!! I'm so happy you liked it :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did an awesome job recreating that! I wouldn't have done anything different!

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great job recreating that scene!! I love this idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did sooo good at recreating that scene! I love it!
    P.S. I nominated you for an award on my blog! Come check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Mint, that means a lot to me!! I'm so happy you like it!!! :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Abigail / Live Laugh Dolls!! I'm so glad you like it :)

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, American Girl Place!! I'm so glad you like my re-creation :D Also, thank you for the award!! I'll answer the questions soon :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this series already :)You did a great job on the Samantha pic.
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.