Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cora's Oxy Cream Treatment

This morning I decided to change my doll, Cora, into another outfit for a photoshoot I had planned, and I noticed something odd: there was blue marks all over her hands, arms, and legs! I couldn't seem to get a good picture of it, but it definitely was all over her vinyl! I was confused out first on how she got the stains, because I try to be very careful with my dolls, but then I figured out she had been wearing some blue clothing that apparently had transferred onto her :( So I looked up how to remove dye transfers, and I found *this* video by Stephenswodadancer on how to remove all kinds of stains on AGs, including dye transfers!! So we went to the store and bought the Oxy acne cream 10% benzoyl peroxide that Sarah (Stephenswodadancer) used in her video and tried the technique she did on Cora :) So this is how Cora is spending her afternoon today: 


Probably not the most flattering picture I've ever taken of Cora ;) I'll be sure to give an update on Cora's progress soon!! 




14 comments:

  1. Aww,oor Cora! I hope it works! My Julie has stains on her feet from an old paid of OG jeans, but I never tried to get it off. If this technique works, I might try, too =) good luck, Shelby-Grace (and Cora, too!)

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I had to do this on Kirsten too, don't worry if it does not lighten up for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I would be so scared if that happened. Hopefully it comes off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cora says thank you, Maddie ;) Poor, Julie!! Cora says she understands how horrible dye transfers are ;) Cora will need a few more hours in the sun tomorrow, but after she's done, I'll be sure to post the results of the stain removal treatment!! Cora and I say thank you, we hope it will work well, too ;)

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Polka Dot Bee! I'm glad it worked well for Kirsten's stains, it's no fun when your doll gets a stain on her :( Thanks for the advice!

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, that's awful! I hope the dye comes out D: I should probably take Cecile out of the jeans I made, I have no idea if the dye will transfer. Better safe than sorry I guess! Good luck and tell Cora that June and I wish her a speedy recovery ;)
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried that method before. It actually worked quite well! Good luck Cora!

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, AGDTIME :D Cora says thank you, too ;) I was really scared, too, until I found out how to remove the stain ;)

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Ginny!! Cora also says thanks ;) I hope no dye gets on Cecile, that would be so sad ;( By the way, were those the jeans Cecile was wearing in your Award post? Those are so cute :D I told Cora, and she says "thank you so much, Ginny and June!!" ;)

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yes those are the jeans. I made them out of the legs of an old pair of my jeans. They look like Julie's two tone jeans because they were kind of worn out XD Thanks! Well we say you're welcome and good luck to Cora :)
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  10. Hope Cora's back to normal in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, poor Cora! My Lindsey has black lines going up her arms and legs, and I'm not really sure what they're from. They've been there as long as I can remember. I hope this technique works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Liberty Mae!! :D Cora says thanks, too ;)

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, Abigail / Live Laugh Dolls!! Cora says thanks, too ;) Poor Lindsey :( Thanks again, Cora and I hope it works, too ;)

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.