Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mini Kirsten's New Outfit!

I was inspired recently by seeing the handmade doll clothes on some of my favorite blogs, Maddie from The AG Look-Book and Mint from The Abbott Doll Family, but I am not too good at making 18" doll clothes, so I decided to try my hand at AG mini doll clothing!


Here's the dress I made for my mini Kirsten! (Ignore her really messy hair ;)  ) I couldn't find any mini doll dress patterns online, somade up the pattern myself :D I think I made the dress a little too big, though :( 





The ribbon I used to make it a "halter style" of dress looked huge on poor Kirsten, so I tucked the excess down the back of her dress xD 


You can see my horribly messy seams in this picture and the one below ;) 



Looking cute while posing in the tree ;) 




11 comments:

  1. Oh my cow's potatoes! That dress is adorable! I've never tried making clothes for my minis, for I'm 99.9% sure I would fail miserably XD wonderful job!!!

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Maddie, that means a lot to me! But I'm 99.9% sure that you would make the most adorable mini doll clothes ever :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, no problem! I'm not quite sure the MOST adorable, but you just inspired me to give it a try ;) ♥

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I love mini doll clothes. I would try and sew some of my own, but I would probably fail. That dress looks amazing! The pictures were awesome too!

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Mint, I really appreciate that! But I think you could definitely make AWESOME mini doll clothes :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little dress! You're very talented Shelby-Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thank you so much, Liberty Rain! I really appreciate that :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job! I love Kirsten's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Dollympics547, I really appreciate that :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mini Kirsten is really pretty! And making Mini Doll Clothes is a good idea too, I think I'll try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thanks! Mini Kirsten appreciates that ;) Thank you so much, I'm sure your mini doll clothes will be awesome :D

    ★ Shelby-Grace ★

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on Oh My Dollies! Please no swearing or rude comments. All comments are moderated, and comments are posted at the blog author's discretion.